Mr Corbett passed away peacefully while in the care of staff at Tipperary University Hospital, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary.
His passing is most deeply regretted by his loving sister Margaret Ivers, brother-in-law Sean, his nephews John, Aidan and Kevin, nieces Helen, Margo and Siobhain, extended relatives, neighbours and friends.
The extended Corbett family wish to express their appreciation for your understanding at this difficult time and have made arrangements for those wishing to send messages of condolence, to use the link shown HERE.
A report made to Gardaí regarding a burglary, which occurred in the Fethard area of Co. Tipperary on October 10th last, has led to the arrest of two males.
As a consequence of this burglary, an all-terrain vehicle and other farming equipment had been stolen.
Clonmel Gardaí conducted an investigation which saw searches conducted at two locations in the wider South Tipperary area. Same resulted in two males, both aged in their early 20’s, being arrested yesterday, October 19th, before being detained in Clonmel Garda Station.
The stolen all-terrain vehicle was also recovered at one of the locations searched.
Both arrested men have been charged to appear in court at a date in November next, in relation to this incident.
In a house in the suburbs, Dark-haired Elizabeth contemplated, Some silver tints in her hair. Now nine and thirty years from the womb, An almost avid apprehension, Carried her wild and surging thoughts along. “I’ll do something special for the forty,” She enthused over her afternoon cuppa tea. But I knew her more sombre thoughts Of eternity.
END
Tom Ryan, “Iona”, Rahealty, Thurles, Co. Tipperary.
A must read for Thurles residents and their businesses.
QUESTION: Were Thurles Councillors & Officials duped yet again at their Monday meeting with Irish Water officials?
Poorly treated sewage continues to harm the quality of our rivers, lakes and coastal waters, says EPA.
Just half (51%) of Ireland’s sewage was treated to the European Union standards set to protect our environment, well below the EU average of 90%.
Works to eliminate raw sewage flowing into seas and rivers from 32 towns and villages have commenced or are due to start by 2024.
Irish Water has no clear plan to improve treatment at 27 priority areas where waste water discharges are impacting on rivers, lakes and coastal waters.
The EPA report on Urban Waste Water Treatment in 2021, [Found HERE]and released today, shows that investment in waste water infrastructure is delivering improvements to priority areas identified by the EPA, but treatment at many areas is still not as good as it needs to be.
Emmett Street running parallel with River Suir.
“Irish Water does not have clear plansin place to deal with one-third of the priority areas where waste water is adversely impacting the environment and has not allocated resources in its investment plan to complete improvements at these areas” ~ says EPA
Irish Water must provide for all improvements needed at these areas in its next investment plan, which covers the period 2025-2029.
Launching the report today, Dr Tom Ryan, EPA Director said: “This report shows that targeting investment at the priority areas identified by the EPA is delivering improvements in water quality, and the elimination of raw sewage discharges from Cobh and Castletownbere in Cork are good examples of progress. However, it will take a high level of sustained investment over the next two decades to bring all treatment systems across the country up to the required standard to protect the environment and public health”. Dr. Ryan added: “Irish Water has failed to produce action plans to improve treatment at one-third of the priority areas identified by EPA where waste water is harming our rivers, lakes and coastal waters. It is essential that Irish Water provides clear, site specific action plans and time frames to improve treatment in these areas, and it needs to allocate the necessary resources in its next investment cycle to implement and complete them and to resolve the associated environmental harms”.
Ireland’s largest treatment plant at Ringsend in Dublin is overloaded and fails to consistently treat sewage to the required standards. A major upgrade of the plant began in 2018 and is due to be completed in 2025. Construction work to provide treatment for the 32 areas discharging raw sewage listed in the report is either ongoing or due to start in the next two years. It is essential that Irish Water delivers these projects as soon as possible.
Mr Noel Byrne, EPA Programme Manager said: “Sixteen years after the final deadline to comply, half of Ireland’s sewage is still not treated to the standards set to protect the environment. It is particularly concerning to see some towns such as Ballymote in Sligo failing in 2021, despite having the necessary treatment infrastructure and meeting the standards in 2020. This highlights the need for improved vigilance and oversight by Irish Water to make sure treatment infrastructure is always operated at its optimum”.
The report also highlights that Irish Water needs to improve its information on the condition and performance of sewers to inform and plan upgrade works necessary to mitigate environmental risks from sewer overflows.
The report is now available on the EPA websiteHERE.
Pre-deceased by his parents Jeremiah and Mamie, his sister Margaret; Mr Darmody passed away peacefully following a long illness most bravely borne; while in the wonderful care of his family and the staff at Community Hospital of the Assumption, Thurles, Co. Tipperary.
His passing is most deeply regretted by his loving family; devoted wife Mary, son John and daughter Evelyn, grandchildren, daughter-in-law Sinead, son-in-law Alan, brothers John, Sonny and Gerard, sister Bridget, nephews, nieces, sisters-in-law, brother-in-law John, cousins, extended relatives, good neighbours and many friends.
Requiescat in pace.
Funeral Arrangements.
The earthly remains of Mr Darmody will repose at Hugh Ryan’s Funeral Home, Slievenamon Road, Thurles on Thursday evening, October 20th, from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. His body will be received into the former Cistercian Abbey Church, at Holycross, Thurles, arriving on Friday morning, October 21st, at 11:00am to further repose for Requiem Mass at 11:30am. Interment will follow immediately afterwards in the adjoining graveyard.
The extended Darmody family wish to express their appreciation for your understanding at this difficult time and have made arrangements for those wishing to send messages of condolence, to use the link shownHERE.
This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish.AcceptRead More
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Privacy Overview
This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.
Recent Comments