Archives

Help Gardaí Find Missing Person.

An appeal has been re-issued, on this occasion by Nenagh Gardaí, urging the public to help them in their search in locating a missing teenager in North Co. Tipperary.

Missing Person Victor Costa

Mr Victor Costa, aged 17 years, was last observed in Nenagh town, on the evening of Wednesday December 14th, and may possibly be in the area of Waterford City, where he, previously, had been known to frequent.

On Sunday, November 27th 2022 Co. Cork Gardaí had previously issued an appeal to locate the 17 year old teenager missing from Charleville, Co. Cork. On November 30th, the teenager was thankfully located safe and well.

Mr Costa is described as being 5ft-9ins in height; of medium build; with short brown hair and brown eyes.

When last observed he was wearing a black jacket; black trousers; a white hoody and white runners.

Anyone with information is being asked to please immediately contact Nenagh Garda Station, North Co. Tipperary at Tel. No: 067 50450, or the Garda confidential line on Tel. No: 1800 666 111 or indeed any Garda station.

Tipperary Man Awarded €365,000 After Sustaining Serious Back Injuries.

The High Court has awarded €365,000 in damages to a Co. Tipperary man, latter unable to work after injuring his back in a 2017 workplace accident.

The award was made by Mr Justice Tony O’Connor in favour of Mr Patrick Ryan, with an address at Ormonde Crescent, Carrick-on-Suir, Co. Tipperary.
Mr Ryan had sued his previous employer, Queally Pig Slaughtering Limited, at the companies meat processing facility located near Waterford City; following injuries he sustained on April 13th 2017, while lifting a bag containing pork.

The claims had been denied.

Mr Ryan claimed he was no longer able to undertake manual work, and claimed that future surgery would not help him. Physiotherapy had not given him any relief, and he had less than an optimal response to injections and other medications provided.

In his judgement, Mr Justice O’Connor said he was satisfied that Mr Ryan was left unable to work due to the pain he was suffering following the accident. Mr Ryan claimed he was unable to go fishing anymore, or attend local sporting events because of the continuous pain; while any long periods of time spent driving, left him experiencing great difficulties.

Mr Justice O’Connor further stated that Mr Ryan’s injuries had resulted in a drastic deterioration of the previously active life, that he had once enjoyed, prior to his accident.

The judge said that that he was satisfied that Ryan, who was “a good manual worker” wished to return to work, despite his significant pain and had attempted to return to work undertaking light duties, some months after the accident. However, his pain and discomfort got worse, and he ceased working for Queally Pig Slaughtering Limited in April of 2018.

Mr Justice O’Connor said Mr Ryan was entitled to damages, including past loss of earnings, future loss of earnings, and general damages same totalling €365,500.

Former Tipperary Resident Extradited From UK To Face Money Laundering Charges.

Garda Headquarters, at the Phoenix Park, Dublin, have confirmed that a man has been extradited from the United Kingdom, to the Irish Republic, to face dozens of money laundering charges, following a lengthy investigation by the Garda National Economic Crime Bureau (GNECB).

The suspect, who was arrested by Fraud Squad detectives yesterday evening at Dublin Airport, is understood to be a Spanish national, aged in his late 40s. He is alleged to has been involved in laundering some €450,000; same stolen while he was a resident in Co. Tipperary some five years ago; between October 2017 and November 2017.
The arrest operation is part of Operation SKEIN which has seen over 500 people across the country arrested for similar type fraud offences.

The man was taken to Ballymun Garda Station; having been initially arrested in the United Kingdom, under a Trade and Cooperation Agreement (TCA) warrant. It is expected that he will face more than 40 money laundering charges, when he appears in court, possibly as early as this morning.

The investigation is part of ‘Operation Scan‘, carried out by the GNECB into invoice redirection frauds, usually targeting businesses to trick them into re-directing large sums of money, into newly setup bank accounts.

In this extradition case, the money is alleged to have been laundered from the then Co. Tipperary base of the accused, through a series of bank accounts within Ireland.

Death Of Katie Moore, Thurles, Co. Tipperary.

It was with great sadness that we learned of the death, yesterday, Tuesday 28th December 2022, of Ms Katie Moore, Lurgoe, Killenaule, Thurles, Co. Tipperary.

Ms Moore sadly passed away unexpectedly at her place of residence.

Her passing is most deeply regretted by her heartbroken parents Kathleen and Pat, brothers Shane, P.J., Thomas, Liam and Aaron, sisters Kerry, Shannon, Marie and Heather, nephews, nieces, uncles, aunts, extended relatives neighbours and friends.

Requiescat in Pace.

Funeral Arrangements.

The earthly remains of Ms Moore will repose at her residence Lurgoe, Killenaule, Thurles, on Friday evening next, December 30th, from 4:00pm with Rosary at 8:00pm.
Requiem Mass will be celebrated on Saturday morning, December 31st, in St. Mary’s Church, Bailey Street, Killenaule at 11:30am, followed by cremation in Shannon Crematorium, Illaunmanagh, Shannon, Co. Clare, at 3:00pm.

The extended Moore family wish to express their appreciation for your understanding at this difficult time and have made arrangements for those wishing to send messages of condolence, to use the link shown HERE.

Note Please: No flowers. Donations in lieu, if desired, to the Epilepsy Unit, Cork University Hospital.


Suaimhneas síoraí dá h-anam dílis.

Death Of Brigid Fanning, Thurles, Co. Tipperary.

It was with great sadness that we learned of the death, today, Wednesday 28th December 2022, of Mrs Brigid Fanning (née Treacy) No.11 St. Brigid’s Villas, Borrisoleigh, Thurles, Co. Tipperary.

Pre-deceased by her husband Paddy and brothers Denis and Tom; Mrs Fanning passed away peacefully, while in the care of staff at Clonmel University General Hospital, South Co. Tipperary.
 
Her passing is most deeply regretted by her sons Brian and Kieran, daughters-in-law Lauri and Sharon, grandchildren Amy and Katie, great grandchild Evie, sister Nonie, sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law, nieces, nephews, extended relatives, neighbours and friends.

Requiescat in Pace.

Funeral Arrangements.

The earthly remains of Mrs Fanning will repose in Stapleton’s Funeral Home, Borrisland North, Thurles, Road, Borrisoleigh, Thurles on Friday evening, December 30th, from 5:00pm to 7:00pm, before being received into the Church of the Sacred Heart, Pallas Street, Borrisland South, Borrisoleigh, Thurles at 7:15pm.
Requiem Mass will be celebrated on Saturday morning, December 31st, at 11:00am, followed by interment in nearby St. Brigid’s Cemetery, Borrisoleigh, Thurles, Co. Tipperary.

For those of you who are unable to attend Requiem Mass for Mrs Fanning, same can be viewed, streamed live online HERE.

The extended Fanning family wish to express their appreciation for your understanding at this difficult time and have made arrangements for those wishing to send messages of condolence, to use the link shown HERE.


Suaimhneas síoraí dá h-anam dílis.