Waller’s Lot in Cashel is the nearest and therefore most convenient recycling centre available to the residents of Thurles town. However to facilitate Christmas holidays this recycling centre will remain closed from Thursday 24th December 2015 until Tuesday 29th December 2015.
I remain ignorant of the justification as to why Thurles has no proper recycling centre as yet provided locally. Still 2016 is an election year and perhaps the present Tipperary elected Minister for Environment, Community and Local Government Mr Alan Kelly, TD will feel the need shortly to provide same; in a major town which he has totally otherwise neglected over his past five years while in government.
Our thanks to Mr Matt Shortt, Co. Tipperary Director of Services, (Environment Section) who informs us, that for those of you wishing to dispose of recycling materials; you can find a full list of opening times for your nearest Co. Tipperary recycling centres, e.g. Waller’s Lot, Carrigeen, Roscrea, Donohill and Nenagh, by clicking HERE.
Disposal of Tipperary Christmas Trees in 2016
To dispose of your Christmas tree in 2016, note same can be dropped off Free of Charge for recycling at 9 different venues strategically spaced around the county and to be found at the following locations from the 6th January 2016 to the 15th January 2016, only.
- Clonmel Recycling Centre, Carrigeen, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary.
- Waller’s-Lot Recycling Centre, Cashel, Co. Tipperary.
- Donohill Recycling Centre, Donohill, Co. Tipperary.
- Fair Green Car Park, Carrick- on- Suir, Co. Tipperary.
- Nenagh Recycling Centre, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary.
- Roscrea Recycling Centre, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary.
- Council Depot, Carrigeen Business Park, Tipperary Road, Cahir, Co. Tipperary.
- Templemore Town Park, Templemore, Co. Tipperary.
- Parnell Street Car Park, Thurles, Co. Tipperary.