Local Weather

Thurles
Mostly cloudy
11°C
real feel: 10°C
wind speed: 1 m/s SSW
sunrise: 6:20 am
sunset: 8:48 pm
 

Archives

Christmas Comes Early To Irish Guide Dogs

Golden Vale Hunt Guide Dog Presentation

Christmas came early to the national charity Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind,” here in Thurles, when the organisation were presented with a cheque for €1,000 from members of the Golden Vale Hunt Club.

The money was raised by club members, following an organised charity ride, held recently, cross country from Drish to Moyne.

Presenting this funding, and picture here left are members of the Golden Vale Hunt Club named as follows:-
Front Row, L – R :- Pat Cantwell, Moyne; Eoin Mockler, (Whip) Upperchurch; Billy Shanahan, Thurles, (Irish Guide Dogs)  Michael Shanahan, (Whip) Rahealty; and Jim Russell, Two Mile Borris.
Back Row, L – R :- Diarmuid Molumby, Loughtagalla; Tony Cantwell, Moyne; and Donie O’Connell, Holycross.

Presenting the cheque, Golden Vale Hunt Club’s Michael Shanahan expressed sincere gratitude, on behalf of his organisation, to the many members of the local farming community, who supported this charity ride, by granting access through their property.

Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind are a national charity dedicated to helping persons who are blind or vision impaired and families of children with autism, to achieve improved mobility and independence.

Irish Guide Dogs receive over 85% of their income through voluntary donations and fundraising, through a network of volunteers across Ireland.  The remaining 15% is provided through statutory bodies and government agencies.  It will cost just over €4 million to run their organisation this year.
(Photo courtesy G.Willoughby)

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluslinkedinmail

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

  

  

  

18 + twelve =