Local Weather

Thurles
Mostly cloudy
17°C
real feel: 16°C
wind speed: 8 m/s W
sunrise: 6:20 am
sunset: 8:48 pm
 

Archives

Fire Destroys Top Thurles Restaurant

Thurles and Templemore Fire brigades were called out to a fire, which began about 5.30am this morning at one of our town’s favourite restaurants “Sous le Vent ” which is situated at Upper Parnell Street, Thurles.

The fire, which appears to have started on the top of the building, caused serious damage resulting in the ground floor award winning restaurant remaining closed today.

The fire is understood to have been caused by an electrical fault.

As a result of the fire the Nenagh Road from Thurles Greyhound Stadium to Gleeson’s Corner was closed, with traffic being diverted via Bothar na Naomh, until fire-fighters got the blaze under control.

Our sympathies go to the proprieters at this time.

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluslinkedinmail

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

  

  

  

16 − thirteen =