Local Weather

Thurles
Cloudy
15°C
real feel: 14°C
wind speed: 6 m/s WSW
sunrise: 5:07 am
sunset: 9:59 pm
 

Archives

€3.03m Home Funding For Older & Disabled People

Councillor Michéal Lowry has today welcomed funding of €3.03m to improve the homes of older people and people with disabilities in Co. Tipperary.

Councillor Lowry stated, “While 80% of this funding is provided from the national exchequer through the Department of Housing, Planning, Community & Local Government, the remaining 20% will be provided by Tipperary County Council.

This funding will allow older people and people with a disability to apply for grants of up to €30,000 for a housing adaptation, up to €8,000 for housing aid for older people and up to €6,000 for mobility aids.

The top priority should now  be to use these funds to insure older people and people with a disability, are given every opportunity to continue independent living in their own homes for as long as possible, with the comfort that they deserve.”

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluslinkedinmail

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

  

  

  

two × four =