Notice has been given, warning motor vehicles that a notice has been made by Tipperary County Council, closing the R498-0097 at Borrisoleigh, Co. Tipperary, from Ballyroan Bridge to Kearns Cross on the Borrisoleigh / Nenagh road.
The period of road closure will be from Monday 31st August 2015 to Friday 4th September 2015 inclusive.
Traffic diversions will be clearly sign-posted and directed via the following alternative routes:- From Borrisoleigh on the R501 towards Templemore, N62 towards Roscrea and on the M7 to Nenagh and vice versa.
The purpose of this road closure is to facilitate very necessary road reconstruction and Tipperary County Council sincerely regrets any inconvenience caused to road users.
Expected M8 Motorway Closures
Notice has also been given by Tipperary County Council of their intention to close eleven sections of the M8 Motorway during August and September 2015.
These Motorway sections and their closure dates are shown as follows;
(1) From the 31/08/15 – Junction 4 Urlingford to Junction 5 Two-Mile-Borris, Southbound.
(2) From the 01/09/15 – Junction 5 Two-Mile Borris to Junction 6 Horse and Jockey Southbound .
(3) From the 02/09/15 – Junction 6 Horse and Jockey to Junction 7 Cashel North Southbound.
(4) From the 03/09/15 – Junction 9 Cashel South to Junction 10 Cahir North Southbound.
(5) From the 14/09/15 – Junction 11 Cahir South to Junction 10 Cahir North Northbound.
(6) From the 15/09/15 – Junction 10 Cahir North to Junction 9 Cashel South Northbound.
(7) From the 16/09/15 – Junction 7 Cashel North to Junction 6 Horse and Jockey Northbound.
(8) From the 17/09/15 – Junction 9 Cashel South to Junction 7 Cashel North Northbound.
(9) From the 21/09/15 – Junction 7 Cashel North to Junction 9 Cashel South Southbound.
(10) From the 22/09/15 – Junction 6 Horse and Jockey to Junction 4 Urlingford Northbound.
(11) From the 23/09/15 – N24 from Junction 10 Cahir North to the Knockagh roundabout east and westbound
Reason for these eleven Motorway closures detailed above is to facilitate the replacement of existing road studs.