Help Save a Life – Give Blood In Thurles
WHERE: THE DOME, SEMPLE STADIUM, THURLES, CO. TIPPERARY.
WHEN: Tuesday 28th October, 2014.
TIME: 2.00pm – 5.00pm (afternoon clinic)
WHEN: Wednesday 29th & Thursday 30th October, and Monday 3rd November, 2014.
TIME: 6.00pm – 9.00pm each day, (evening clinics).
For further details: Why not check out their website @ www. giveblood.ie or contact them by Tel: 061 – 306980.
Some Important Facts To Remember About Blood Donations
- One in four people will need a blood transfusion at some point in their lives.
- Only 5% of the population are regular blood donors.
- Over 1,000 Irish people receive transfusions every week in Ireland.
- One car accident victim may require up to 30 units of blood, a bleeding ulcer could require anything between 3-30 units of blood and a coronary artery bypass may use between 1-5 units of blood.
- Approximately 70,000 patients will have transfusions in Irish hospitals this year.
- 3,000 blood donors are needed each week in Ireland.
- A unit of blood lasts for just 35 days..
- Some blood packs for new born babies or cancer treatment only lasts for 5 days.
- There is no substitute for human blood.
- The IBTS supplies 71 hospitals in Ireland with blood and blood products 365 days a year.