WHERE: THE DOME, SEMPLE STADIUM, THURLES, CO. TIPPERARY.
WHEN: Monday 25th June, 2012.
TIME: From 2:30pm – 5:30pm
WHEN: Tuesday 26th, Wednesday 27th & Thursday 28th June, 2012.
TIME: From 6pm – 9pm each day.
So do help save a life, & if further details are required please check their website www.giveblood.ie or contact them on Tel: 061-306980
Ten facts which will help demonstrate how precious your gift of blood really makes to others in emergency situations.
- One in four people will need a blood transfusion at some point in their lives.
- Only 5% of the population are regular blood donors.
- Over 1,000 Irish people receive transfusions every week in Ireland
- Just one car accident victim may require up to 30 units of blood, a bleeding ulcer could require anything between 3-30 units of blood and a coronary artery bypass may use between 1-5 units of blood.
- Approximately 70,000 patients will have transfusions in Irish hospitals this year.
- Approximately 3,000 blood donors are needed each week in Ireland.
- A unit of blood lasts for just 35 days.
- Some blood packs for new born babies or cancer treatment only lasts for 5 days.
- There is no substitute for human blood.
- The IBTS supply 71 hospitals in Ireland with blood and blood products 365 days a year.
Thanking you, in anticipation, for this precious gift.